JEWISH BASEBALL TRIVIAHow well do you know Jewish Baseball history? Noted author and Jewish Baseball historian Dan Epstein puts you to the test with his questions. See if you qualify to be a Mensch.
Jewish Baseball Trivia
0 of 12 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
You got 0/12 correct
YOU ARE A YUTZYou sure you’re even a baseball fan?
YOU ARE A SCHMENDRIKYou know the difference between Hank Greenberg and Shawn Green, but there is still so much more to learn.
YOU ARE A LAYTISHA respectable showing but whaddaya want – a medal?
YOU ARE A MENTSCHVery good! Your knowledge of Jewish baseball is nothing to kvetch about.
YOU ARE A SCHOLARImpressive work! Not for nothing have you studied the glorious history of Jews in the game!
1. QuestionWhich Jewish ballplayer served as a spy for the United States government during World War II?1/12
2. QuestionWhich Jewish ballplayer was the first Designated Hitter to make an official plate appearance in a MLB game?2/12
3. QuestionWhich 1970s MLB ballplayer had the nickname “Super Jew”?3/12
4. QuestionWhich Jewish ballplayer holds the MLB record for most total bases in a single game, with 19?4/12
5. QuestionWhich Jewish pitcher was the MVP of the 1959 World Series?5/12
6. QuestionWho was the first Jewish player to win the Most Valuable Player award?6/12
7. QuestionWho is the only Jewish ballplayer to knock 10 or more RBIs in a single MLB game?7/12
8. QuestionWho is the only Jewish pitcher to win the pitching triple crown — leading the league in wins, strikeouts and ERA?8/12
9. QuestionWho is the only Jewish pitcher other than Sandy Koufax to win a Cy Young Award?9/12
10. QuestionWho holds the record for most MLB career wins by a Jewish pitcher?10/12
11. QuestionWhich Jewish ballplayer still holds the American League record for consecutive errorless games at first base?11/12
12. QuestionWhich Jewish actor and comedian recorded “The D-O-D-G-E-R-S Song” in 1962?12/12SCORING DETAILS0-2 | YutzYou sure you’re even a baseball fan?3-4 | SchmendrikYou know the difference between Hank Greenberg and Shawn Green, but there is still so much more to learn.5-6 | LaytishA respectable showing, but whaddaya want — a medal?7-9 | MentschVery good! Your knowledge of Jewish baseball is nothing to kvetch about.10-12 | ScholarImpressive work! Not for nothing have you studied the glorious history of Jews in the game!BASEBALL STORIESTell us a story.
We'd love to hear it!What does Jewish baseball mean to you? Did you have a brush with greatness? A family story that connects your religion and your love of the game?SPOTLIGHT STORIESYes, the Cubs once had Jewish owner
No, we’re not talking Sam Zell. Meet Albert Lasker. Among other things, he is credited with naming park Wrigley Field.OUR SPONSOR